The flu season is on the way, as winter arrives it follows it right away. As the air gets colder, and there is a drastic change in the temperature, germs are easily spread, therefore we are already feeling a little lack of energy. Many of us are having sore throat or we are sniffling. These issues are not that bad, in fact they are not bad enough to make us miss a day at work or a day at school, but each one of us knows that they are very disturbing and painful. If you had it with the suffering and the pain, simply look at this recipe for the miraculous soup that is able to relieve from these symptoms and boost your immune system.
The Garlic’s Health Benefits
The allicin that is contained in the garlic, is the active compound which actually is known for its very famous properties such as, anti-fungal, antiviral, antioxidant and anti-microbial. It positively affects our body’s health, it is able to support our digestive system, lower our blood pressure, support our immune and circulatory system. If you don’t like the unpleasant garlic odor, you can find some garlic supplements that don’t have that much odor.
Garlic is able to:
- Treat a sore throat
- Help you gain weight
- Reduce inflammation
- Expel parasites
- Regulate our blood sugar levels
- Can diminish plaque in our arteries
- Fight against allergies
- Regulate our high blood pressure
- Soothe the respiratory tract infections (mostly in the upper area)
Garlic is one of the richest sources for nutrients and vitamins, that have the ability to fight against flu and cold symptoms. There was a study that was done to inspect the potency of allicin against the symptoms that occur from cold. The study was done by many researchers for about 12 weeks, and in the end it turned out that the allicin powder was able to reduce these symptoms for more than 50%.
For many centuries, the Ginger was used as a natural cure for fevers, colds, digestive system issues and many other health conditions. The ginger is very helpful in the case of arthritis, because it provides soothing effects and it is also a potent anti-inflammatory. A lot of studies were done on the ability of ginger to treat vomiting and nausea and they proved that. Also most of the studies have have proven that the Ginger contains a lot of anti-microbial, antioxidant, and anti-fungal properties. All of these properties can help in the case of flu or cold!
Garlic and Ginger Flu-fighting Soup
Today we will give you the recipe for the miraculous soup, that is able to relieve from the symptoms from flu, cold and sinus infections, by combining these two ingredients.
- 50 grams of grated root Ginger
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium-hot chili pepper, finely diced
- 7 cups of chicken broth or stock (for vegans — vegetable stock)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced and peeled
- Put a pan with some oil in it on low heat, add the garlic, ginger and onions inside it, and let them cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the broth or stock and you can put the soup to boil.
- Stir very gently, until all of the ingredients become soft.
- Five minutes before removing the soup from heat, add the red chili pepper inside it, and you can serve it while it is still warm, with some tasty and crusty bread.
- If you don’t want to eat chili, simply because you are not a fan of spicy food, instead of adding the chili pepper, add some cinnamon.
- If you want to enrich the taste of your soup, you can ad some butternut squash and some carrots. Add them with the onions and garlic in the beginning, in order to soften them a little bit.
- If you want to transform this soup which is only for cold-fighting benefits, and turn it into a meal, try adding some chopped broccoli, sliced mushrooms, and some organic chicken cutlets. If you are a vegan, instead of adding chicken you can go with beans. Also you can add some quinoa or some rice, and you will have both a healthy soup that fights against cold and flu symptoms, and a tasty soup as a full meal.
Share this article with your friends and family if you find it interesting and helpful!